Reach for the Sky: A Fairy Tail rpg
Hello hello~ Join us here at RFTS and have fun!
Hello hello~ Join us here at RFTS and have fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-approval

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terra

Jewel : 0

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am

I have started a discussion thread for everyone to state their opinion about the re-approval.I want to avoid this from becoming a riot but If they dislike this change then they are free to state their opinions as they want.
Back to top Go down
leneor

leneor

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 am

Okay, I'll give my honest and mostly neutral opinion on this. I'll be listen a few things I consider inappropriate or praisable from the knowledge of having been an admin myself. (And not an particulary bad one, considering I hosted a no-name mange RP which existed over a year and simply died from lack of members.)

The act itself: Rechecking all the applications and basicly resetting the RP is not a bad Idea. By all means, I think it's actually a good one - it was a bit too chaotic at times and I felt like the admins/mods were less organized than they should.

notification: The mayor fault I see in your actions. You just hurled it at everyone without giving 1-2 days of actually learning of your actions and possibly sound opinions or possible arising problems. Also, if you announced it, there would be less of a "WE'LL BLUDGEON IT INTO YOU" feelings going along with it.

removal of mods: I think it's a good Idea. I think you just randomly decided who could do mod work, to have someone take care of stuff instead of you. I think the mods were not entirely up to the task, not that they were particulary bad or inappropriate, but it realy seemed like they were lacking something at times.

reseting ranks: I don't care. While I'm considered an exception to the rule, I don't mind being set back to D- or C-rank although I can stay at B. Mostly because I believe these ranks aren't an ironclad rule on who has the stronger character.

_____
thats it for now, more still coming I bet.
Back to top Go down
Akira

Akira

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I thank you for the feedback of this entire thing and saying everything you have to say post wise rather than just trolling around in the c-box. Now I know that this is what I was missing inside my old sites.....

In response to your comments Len, Indeed I do admit the site at first was completely messed up and unorganized. But I'll take fault for that. I actually thought that this site would die actually and just couldn't care less about what was happening. When I soon came to realize that this site wasn't going to go down soon anymore, I decide to take some action. Thus the re-checking of all apps.

Notification about this entire thing though I guess you do have a point there. This was mainly discussed between only the admins so we didn't really put ourselves inside normal members shoes because we've actually been planning this for a while and it just completely slipped our minds to notify you guys. Again, this is our fault due to our organization.

The mods I do have to say didn't really know how to check apps and such, but than again I can't blame them. The thing that they were lacking was experience on how this site handles things. With apps just being put up randomly and they can't look at other already approved apps to compare, anything would of been approved then. Which is why we are doing a re-check on all apps. So they can have experience and some knowledge of how apps should be now. Re-checking of all apps is actually suppose to be a good lesson for them. Which is why we considered it necessary.

About the demotion of ranks, once everyone is having their app rechecked on the site, it's like they just became a new member. Therefor they have to follow the rules of becoming a D rank mage. Although for now I do agree with you Len that ranks don't decide on how strong a character is and only gives plot to someone IC if they are a S rank, but that is soon about to change when we put rules about ranks. More features and benefits will be given to higher ranks once us admins decide on what those benefits are. But for now, everyone is sort of staying on an equal level high rank or not.

Since that entire explanation is done. THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK! I do encourage all members posting in here rather than me having to go through the archives and seeing people complain about things being done here not actually talking to an admin about it. PLZ! If you have anything to say. POST IT HERE! Dw, no one will bash you for it. But just try to make your comments appropriate. ty~
Back to top Go down
Lumi

Jewel : 35

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:48 pm

It really would've been nice if you informed the former moderators about this whole idea.The act itself is a very good idea but like what leneor said the major fault was that you just forced it onto to the members and for that you will get a few complaints.I really don't mind bout having my rank demoted since I need to study for college and I might not be active all day.My father decided to take me to France so I think the timing was perfect for this.I really think that you should have at least notified the former moderators about the moderator reset as it is rather shocking to just go on a site and find out your moderator rank was removed so suddenly.I really expected a PM from the administrators.
Back to top Go down
Zaeta

Zaeta

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:51 pm

there was a notification about the mod removal like 2 days before it happened
Back to top Go down
Akira

Akira

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 pm

As Zaeta said tsu. I posted a notice inside the admin board 2 days ago. I'm sorry if you didn't have the chance to read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-approval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-approval   Re-approval Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-approval
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reach for the Sky: A Fairy Tail rpg :: Out of Character (OOC) Areas :: Trash bin (Archives)-
Jump to: