Reach for the Sky: A Fairy Tail rpg
Hello hello~ Join us here at RFTS and have fun!
Hello hello~ Join us here at RFTS and have fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nemuria - curse spells

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
leneor

leneor

Jewel : 0

Nemuria - curse spells Empty
PostSubject: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 am

BASIC INFO: All curses leave a certain mark on the user, which glows according to the level of curse. Curse levels will stack with each use of it, up to level 5 - while hard to stack this high, these levels will be quite crippling for the victim.
A ranged effect will increase the level by one, direct contact by two. In addition these spells can normaly not be dispelled, but if the curse sign itself is strongly damage (for example by stabbing it) it will temporarily be lifted {3 posts}. a certain distance dispells the curse then.

Name: Arc of Fortuna
Element: N/A
Description: Magic that has two forms, a positive and a negative one. On one side, this spell is able to simply drain the bad luck of an individual by making his aura visible and draining it out. This will extract bad luck and refill Nemuria's magic reserves, but will not specifically grant good luck. (meaning you won't slip on a banana peel, but neither win the jackpot in one go)
The battle oriented version targets a 20m radius from its target area, shortly after the area will be flashing up with the sign of bad luck and imprint this magic upon all targets within the area. The user will expirience from this point on have an unusual streak of bad luck, ranging from missing by chance or attacks backfiring unexpectedly.
Range: high (300m dispel range)
Post Duration: untill dispelled or out of reach
Cooldown: 1 post

lvl1 : occaisonally makes wrong steps or lands incorrectly
lvl2 : crucial attacks may not land critical injuries (missing vitals)
lvl3 : precise hits tend to miss every once in a while
lvl4 : high rate of nfortunate events
lvl5 : even sure hit skills may miss, unstable attacks can backfire easily
____

Name: Words of pain
Description: A spell that is hard to notice while being casted, as it only flashes up for a moment after the verses for conjuring it are spoken. The target area is around 5m in diameter, showing a blood red circle below the target. Once it is established, the victim will have increased pain reception, all incoming expiriences will thus turn a good deal more painful or normaly non-painful things will become so.
Range: medium (small AE effect, 200m distance to dispell)
Cooldown: 2 post

lvl1 : strong attacks hurt a little more
lvl2 : even small cuts burn for a good part
lvl3 : even without large injuries, the body aches
lvl4 : pain infliction can lead to passing out (depends on psychological strength)
lvl5 : the weakest actions send incredible waves of pain through the body
____

Name: Tepes' embrace
Description: Currently the only damage dealing spell, it makes the target continuesly lose vitality and health. Due to the link between caster and target, the damage dealt will slowly heal Nemuria on high levels. The spell directly targets a single person, as long as the individual is in sight during the chant, it will create the bond and inflict continues pain while draining vitality and transfering it to Nemuria.
A side effect of the bond, is that Nemuria can feel the targets position and thus has an easier time following him.
Range: medium (100m distance to dispell)
Cooldown: 2 post

lvl1 : barely noticable health drain
lvl2 : reccuring weak pain and health drain
lvl3 : pulsating pain and drain of health
lvl4 : with the target in huge pain, in this state Nemuria will heal small scratches and eventually cuts
lvl5 : Inflicts high damage and allows Nemuria to slowly recover cuts and small wounds
____

Last edited by leneor on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lumi

Jewel : 35

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 am

In Tepes' embrace the healing part is one of the banned magic so you will have to change the healing part.
APPROVED unless stated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Akira

Akira

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 am

All these spells take too long in length for these things to be dispelled. 2 kilometers or more before someone can successfully get out of one of your spells? Do you even know how much that is? Pretty far, no? So I suggest you change it. (Question is though: I think I might not be understanding this properly. Is that how it actually works, or is there more to it? I seriously think I'm missing something here) Also, can you explain how one gets to lvl 5 curse through "stacking"?
Back to top Go down
leneor

leneor

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 am

basicly there are two ways of using a curse after a few verses were spoken:
1) use a distance spell and affect the area. (stage 1)
2) hold or touch an individual (stage 2)

now, if someone is already cursed and gets cursed again, the counter will go up by 1 or 2 stages according to how it is inflicted. So if you have words of pain lvl 2, and Nemuria uses a range version of words of pain (hitting) you go to level 3. if she hit you with direct contact, it would have been 4 instead. On level for, either way will stack you on that spell to 5.

If I reduce it to lets say 150m/75m/50m for those three, could I say that at this range the spells drop by one level on each post? I don't want people to simply outrun my spells, that'd be plain annoying. Especialy since they even out odds for Nemuria's lacking physical/magical strength - her power is more like slow poison, which is troublesome against people who bombard you with balls of lava.

(on a sidenote, I don't mind being set back in rank - I think i'll go with either d-rank like everyone else, or C-rank. Also: my character profile is still locked.)
Back to top Go down
Akira

Akira

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Alright it all makes sense but it still seems a little OP to me. So I'm just going to give a suggestion of a weakness you can put in here to make it more apporvable. I'll let you keep the kilometer ranges but how about if you just say that whenever a mark is destroyed somehow the curse itself is lifted. This applies to only the surrounding area you cursed and doesn't have to go for actual people. Put something like that in there and I can easily approve this. That or just find another weakness. It doesn't have to be a huge weakness nor a limiter, but something small like this would do.
Back to top Go down
leneor

leneor

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 am

Kay, I changed things around a bit. it's a 300m/200m/100m distance now, being dispelled if the target has done the following thing previously or does it once out of range:

countering the spell mark - if you stab or in some other way inflict damage upon the seal (no slight cuts or simple stuff please) which is implanted onto a part of your body, the seal will temporarily be dispelled for around 3 posts. Having the spell casted onto you again will return it, through direct contact it will also rise one level in the process.

meaning -->
you have curse seal lvl 3. You burn your skin/stab it at the curse mark, you are safe from the spells.
a) you run out of distance and fully release the curse
b) Nemuria casts a distance spell on you, curse is back and lvl 3
c) direct contact spell, your curse is back and lvl 4
d) 3 posts happen, the curse is back.

I SEVERELY hope people won't metagame and abuse the fact the spell can be dispelled. Because this is not supposed to be known about curse-mages, I don't want people witha lvl 4 curse randomly stabbing their curse sign and running away to return again at lvl 0.
Back to top Go down
Akira

Akira

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

If someone ever metagames here than pm me IMMEDIATELY! You see the beauty about having a non-canon magic is that the only way for anyone to know about your magic is if you tell them yourself IC. If this was a magic from the anime then you might of had some worries. The only ones you might even consider as a threat about knowing your magic are guild masters and ten wizard saints. But it's not like you're going to be fighting them soon. We don't have enough plot for people to start doing that yet. So yeah, no need to worry about people meta-gaming ^^

Now onto important business, other than everything I just said this is re-approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nemuria - curse spells   Nemuria - curse spells Empty

Back to top Go down

Nemuria - curse spells
Page 1 of 1